Embrace simple, cost-effective accessibility training
Whether you’re new to accessibility or a seasoned veteran, it’s valuable to have reliable, structured training materials that you can access at your own pace. TPG Tutor is an affordable and effective means to train yourself or your staff in accessibility. Choose from a wide array of courses that provides an introduction to accessibility all the way through to deep-dive development techniques. Get access to our entire library of courses at a low annual rate for as many or as few users as you require. TPG Tutor is self-paced, easy to use, and available on our platform, or optionally priced for use in your own LMS.Video not playing? View it at YouTube.
Why use TPG Tutor?Anyone involved in a digital accessibility project will benefit from TPG Tutor’s easy-to-understand modules. Team members can include developers who need the technical know-how to write accessible code, designers creating the visual assets, project managers ensuring a smooth completion of the project, and other stakeholders. On demand and inexpensive, TPG Tutor will provide all the accessibility knowledge your team needs to be successful.
- Virtually available – no in-person attendance required
- Self-paced – learn what you want, when you want
- User-driven – select the courses that apply to your users, then let them explore what’s useful to them
- Future proof – content regularly updated to make sure your users are getting the most up-to-date guidance on how to tackle accessibility
- Multiple courses to choose from
- Fully accessible content
- Available within TPG’s Accessibility Resource Center or in HTML-ready LMS format
- Learning checks keep the user honest about what they’ve absorbed
- Purchase individual courses or as a package for the enterprise
- Priced per user per course
Course LibraryTPG Tutor delivers a wide range of in-depth accessibility topics. Below are our current course listings:
- Introduction to Digital Accessibility: A general introduction to what accessibility is, who needs it, and why it’s important to everyone. The focus on this module is “people,” not disability.
- Introduction to the WCAG 2.1 Standard: An overview on the WCAG 2.1 Guidelines and how to use them. This includes a review of the core WCAG principles, guidelines, success criteria, and techniques provided by the W3C.
- Accessibility in Front-End Development: An overview of development basics for developers touching on: design considerations, structure, tab/reading order, font sizes, form labeling, WAI-ARIA, and OS accessibility settings.
- Creating Accessible Multimedia: Learn all about creating an accessible multimedia experience. Topics covered include: Captions, Audio Description, and Media Players.
- Mobile Accessibility Testing on Android An overview of built-in accessibility features on Android and how to use them, how they map to W3C WCAG 2.1, and the types of people that might rely on them.
- Mobile Accessibility Testing on iOS: An overview of built-in accessibility features on Apple iOS and how to use them, how they map to W3C WCAG 2.1, and the types of people that might rely on them.
- ARIA Part 1: This course is part one of a two-part series for those who wish to learn more about ARIA. This course assumes the reader has a basic understanding of HTML and is familiar with the use of client-side scripting and dynamic CSS.
- ARIA Part 2: The second course, “ARIA and Interactive Experiences,” extends your basic knowledge of ARIA through a more detailed exploration of how ARIA “Widgets” are used to support more complex and interactive interface UX components.
- Web Page Testing with JAWS: Everything a developer needs to familiarize themselves with the JAWS screen reader, and get ready to test the accessibility of their web applications.
- The Inclusive Design Principles: This course focuses on the Inclusive Design Principles TPG uses to help inform designs, behavior and content, and builds on the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines.
- Understanding Diverse Users: Learn about different types of users that make up your audience, and the specific considerations required for each.
- Accessible Design Guidelines: Learn core design techniques for accessible digital products including: color, text, images, layout, and navigation.
- Disability Etiquette: Learn how to respectfully engage with people with disabilities in real world environments. Topics include: disability types, language considerations and phrases to avoid, invisible disabilities, and tips on working with and accommodating people with disabilities.
- Accessibility for PMs, Project Owners, and BA’s: Perfect for non-technical stakeholders, this module provides an overview of role-based accessibility requirements, the definition of “Accessibility Ready,” and testing requirements. It serves as a how-to guide for those in less technical roles to effectively engage with dev ops teams.
- User Stories: Learn how to incorporate accessibility requirements into the start of your product creation process to help to ensure that it can be used by all people, including those with disabilities.
- Testing Fundamentals: This quick–but comprehensive–study will explain the purpose of accessibility testing, ways in which accessibility testing can be conducted, and how to prioritize the issues that are discovered during accessibility testing.
- Accessible Form Fundamentals: From labelling techniques, to hint formatting, to error handling – this short module covers the basics of what goes into making forms accessible.