JAWS InspectThe latest version of JAWS Inspect can be downloaded using the links below. (Only authorized users will be able to access the full version; all others will experience the demo version.) For new installations, download and save the executable file to your PC and install from there. Make sure to download the correct version (64-bit or 32-bit) for your computer. Instructions to verify whether you have a 64-bit or 32-bit computer can be found at the bottom of this page. Please note that JAWS Inspect will run on a Mac through a virtual machine or on Windows via Bootcamp.
Updates included in the latest release:
- Newly Extended “Say All” Reporting Functionality: Check the reading order and document structure of PDF documents.
- PDF Accessibility: Open PDFs within your browsing session and ensure that they are accessible for JAWS users and examine your form controls and PDF workflows with the Speech Viewer.
- Automatic Updates: JAWS Inspect now includes automatic updating. No need to go to our site and download the latest version. You can configure this option in the product settings.
- New Export Features: Automatically save reports in HTML and JSON formats. JSON provides richer compatibility with third party systems and bug trackers. Export full reports or selected portions of reports to CSV and JSON. Configure these options in the product settings.
- Customise Fonts: A new Font tab in the Settings dialog provides full control over fonts in reports and dialogs.
- Improved Screenshots and Element Highlighting: The screenshot and highlighting features have been re-engineered to improve performance over a wider variety of sites and content.
- Custom Installation: Now, with a special mode, you can customize what parts of JAWS Inspect you want to install.
Note: It is not necessary to have JAWS screenreader installed to run JAWS Inspect. However, if you are a JAWS user you can run both applications at the same time, provided the versions are compatible. If you are going to do this, please upgrade to the latest version of JAWS 2018 or later.
Do I need to download the 64-bit or 32-bit version of software?
- Press WINDOWS Key+R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “c:” without the quotes and then press ENTER to display the contents of your C drive.
- Press the letter P until you reach the “Program Files” folder, and then press P once more.
- If you have 64-bit Windows, you have two folders: one named “Program Files” and another named “Program Files (x86).”
- If you have 32-bit Windows, you only have one folder named “Program Files.”
- Please select the appropriate 64-bit or 32-bit version to run on your system.