At Vispero, you’ll be part of a global team enhancing solutions that make a difference in people’s lives. Vispero is the world’s leading assistive technology provider for the visually impaired and owner of the brands AI Squared, Enhanced Vision, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All the Vispero brands have a long history of developing and providing innovative solutions for blind and low vision individuals, helping them to reach their full potential.
As a Solutions Engineer, you are responsible for supporting the Sales process, assisting in defining the services to be offered to a prospect, and generating estimates for the services to be delivered in a customer engagement. Successful individuals will have a thorough understanding of how to approach digital accessibility, inclusive of WCAG 2.1 A/AA and/or Section 508 standards. Furthermore, the Solutions Engineer must be able to evaluate what need a customer has relative to accessibility, be able to define a reasonable scope of work to help meet the client’s needs, and subsequently distinguish between varying levels of content complexity to provide accurate estimates of the work to be performed for a prospect.
- Solid technical background
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and multitask with a variety of demanding assignments without degradation of work quality
- Motivated and able to work independently and in a team environment
- Reliable, dependable and trustworthy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Review digital content and be able to understand technically how complex the pages are for accessibility testing/review purposes
- Work closely with Sales to be the trusted technical voice during the Solutions Engineering process
- Be responsible for reviewing content, defining scope, and estimating the work to be performed
- Strong writing skills are necessary for the proper identification of scope, communicate client objectives and exclusion of non-scope items
- Be the curator of estimating models, and accountable for regularly refining those with updates garnered through feedback obtained in post project reviews of prior project estimating accuracy
- Be accountable for the regular re-racking of priorities based on Sales input
- Interact with proposal writers to provide timely responses to customer inquiries
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Assistive Technology products
- At least 4 years of experience in a technical field, preferably with 1-2 years of accessibility services or estimating/sales engineering as well
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Job Type: Full-time
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to email@example.com
Vispero actively seeks to develop greater levels of diversity in our workplace and in our pipeline of future associates. We are committed to attract and retain candidates who have a passion for their work and encourage all individuals to apply. Vispero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.