Director of Software Engineering
Director of Software Engineering
Are you looking for a rewarding career where your contributions truly make a difference? Then this opportunity may be for you. Working at Vispero you will be part of a global team known for being the world’s leading assistive technology providers for the blind and visually impaired. Vispero brands include Enhanced Vision, AI Squared, Freedom Scientific, Optelec, The Paciello Group and Interactive Accessibility. All Vispero brands have a long history of developing innovative solutions that enrich people’s lives by helping them reach their full potential.
As the Director of Software Engineering, you will be joining our team of highly qualified software developers. We have built a modern, fully distributed, Software as a Service (SaaS) platform using the Microsoft .NET framework. Our platform is hosted in the AWS Cloud, utilizing many of the AWS Services such as EC2, S3, CloudFront, RDS, Cognito, SageMaker, Lambda and API Gateway. Reporting directly to the Chief Architect, you will be responsible for managing our software engineering efforts and contributing as a principal developer of our platform. Our platform, named ARC (Accessibility Resource Center), is comprised of many .NET based solutions, including several Web applications, domain specific class libraries, .Net Core Serverless Lambda applications, classic Windows Services, python libraries for Machine Learning, and a large data repository built upon SQL Server RDS. These solutions combine to provide our clients with compliance monitoring, analytical dashboards, content and integrated services needed to manage their web accessibility initiatives.
- Team player
- Excellent communicator
- Proven experience as a .NET C# Developer including ASP.NET web applications, .NET Core Windows services, ASP.NET Web API.
- Experience with SQL Server integration in big data environments
- Familiarity with SaaS architecture styles/APIs (REST, RPC)
- Experience with AWS Cloud and the AWS SDK for .NET
- Knowledge of W3C WCAG, a significant plus
- Experienced with agile development methodologies
- Have working knowledge of the online services of VisualStudio.com for planning and executing software development sprints
- Participate in requirements analysis and design of our platform services with the Chief Architect, SaaS
- Translate our service designs into project plans with tasks organized into monthly sprints for the development team
- Revise, update, refactor, debug and optimize code to best leverage proven design patterns
- Ensure documentation is created throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as a team leader and advocate for the software engineers
- Manage the engineering efforts of the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 8+ years of experience developing software applications using the Microsoft .NET Framework
- 2+ years of experience managing small software engineering teams
If you have a passion for excellence and want to work with an outstanding team of experts, working in an exciting, challenging, fast paced environment for the world’s leading assistive technology company, please send your resume to Kate Rapsis, Human Resource Generalist, at email@example.com