About the Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT) for IE
The Web Accessibility Toolbar has been developed to aid manual examination of web pages for a variety of aspects of accessibility. It consists of a range of functions that:
- identify components of a web page
- provide access to alternate views of page content
- facilitate the use of 3rd party online applications
In addition, the Colour Contrast Analyser provides functionality to simulate certain visual conditions such as dichromatic color blindness (protanopia, deuteranopia, tritanopia) and cataracts. Note: the image simulation features are currently not available in the Mac version.
Installation and usage notes
- The toolbar has been tested on Windows Vista/7/8 and it should work with Internet Explorer 9/10/11.
- If you have a previous version of the toolbar installed, un-install it before installing the latest version. Ensure that Internet Explorer is not running during the install/uninstall process.
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 2012 (
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 2011 (
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 2.0 (
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 2.0 (Traditional Chinese,
- La barra dell'accessibilità 2.0 (Italiano,
- La barre d'outils Accessibilité du Web 2.0 (Français,
- Web Accessibility Toolbar 2.0 (Deutsch,
The Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT) is developed by Jun and Steve Faulkner (The Paciello Group, Europe).
For feedback and suggestions, or to provide additional translations, please contact Steve Faulkner (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT) is freeware. It is made available for both personal and commercial use to help you determine the accessibility of your web content.
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons License
THIS SOFTWARE IS BEING PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY. IN PARTICULAR, THE PACIELLO GROUP DOES NOT MAKE ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND CONCERNING THE RELIABILITY, QUALITY, OR MERCHANTABILITY OF THIS SOFTWARE OR ITS FITNESS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ADDITIONALLY, THE PACIELLO GROUP DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT USE OF THIS SOFTWARE WILL ENSURE THE ACCESSIBILITY OF YOUR WEB CONTENT OR THAT YOUR WEB CONTENT WILL COMPLY WITH ANY SPECIFIC WEB ACCESSIBILITY STANDARD.