Colour Contrast Analyser
The Colour Contrast Analyser (CCA) helps you determine the legibility of text and the contrast of visual elements, such as graphical controls and visual indicators.
This tool provides two useful core functionalities:
- It provides a pass/fail assessment against WCAG 2.0 color contrast success criteria.
- It simulates certain visual conditions including dichromatic color-blindness and cataracts, to demonstrate how your web content appears to people with less than 20/20 vision.
The CCA is available for Windows and Mac, and in multiple languages including English, French, Dutch, Italian, German, Hindi, Korean and traditional Chinese. Note: the visual simulation functionality is only available in the Windows version.
The Colour Contrast Analyser was developed by JUn in collaboration with Steve Faulkner (The Paciello Group, Europe). Mac version developed by Cédric Trévisan (The Paciello Group, Europe).
For feedback and suggestions, or to provide additional translations, please contact Steve Faulkner (email@example.com).
- Colour Contrast Analyser 2.2a (English, ZIP, 663KB)
- Colour Contrast Analyser 2.2 (Korean, ZIP, 663KB)
- Colour Contrast Analyser 2.2 (Hindi, ZIP, 502KB)
- Colour Contrast Analyser (Traditonal Chinese, ZIP, 367kb)
- Colour Contrast Analyser 2.2 (Italiano, ZIP, 663KB)
- Colour Contrast Analyser 2.2 (Français, ZIP, 363KB)
- Analizador de Color 2.2 (Español, ZIP, 663KB)
- Analyzér kontrastu barev verze 2.2 (Czech, ZIP, 663KB)
- Farb-Kontrast-Analysator 2.2 (Deutsch, ZIP, 663KB)
- Kleur Contrast analysator 2.2 (Nederlands, ZIP, 663KB)
- Colour Contrast Analyser 1.5.13 for Mac OS X v10.8/v10.9 (DMG, 1.4MB) (English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish and Tradional Chinese)
- Colour Contrast Analyser 1.5.11 for Mac OS X v10.6/v10.7 (DMG, 1.5MB) (English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Russian, Swedish and Tradional Chinese)
- Colour Contrast Analyser for Mac source files on GitHub