Back in 2010 I filed a bug on Internet Explorer about its lack of support for exposing the calculated values of aria-labelledby and aria-describedby in the MSAA accessibility API. After some back and forth a partial fix was implemented.
Blog posts in the accessibility testing category
At TPG we test websites, applications and apps for accessibility, with lots of different browsers and Assistive Technologies (AT). It means we get to play with some shiny tech, but it also means we find a lot of browser and AT bugs along the way.
When you build an iOS app it’s easy to make it VoiceOver accessible. Native UI controls have accessibility built-in as standard, and custom controls can be accessibility-enabled without difficulty.